Food Services

 Lisa Bennett 
       Lisa Bennett
  Food Services
   (860) 228-2577

Hebron Public Schools Food Services Program helps students succeed by creating a healthy and happy eating environment for active and growing learners. We prepare nutritious, safe and appealing meals that promote a healthy and balanced diet. All meals served must meet all State of Connecticut and USDA nutrition standards. We look forward to providing meals for your family.  

Meal Prices
Breakfast: $1.60
Lunch: $3.25
Milk: $0.60

Free and Reduced Applications
Households who qualify for free/reduced-priced meals should submit an application, available in the left hand navigation bar of this webpage.

Frequently Asked Questions below:

1. Can the food service program accommodate my child's dietary restrictions? 
YES! The Hebron Board of Education complies with the federal requirements for meal modifications for children with special dietary needs. For more information, please contact the Food Services Manager, Lisa Bennett at 860-228-2577.

2. Who can get free or reduced-price meals?
- Children in households receiving SNAP or TFA benefits.
- Foster children under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court. (note: foster children should also be included as members of the household in a free/reduced application if the foster family chooses to apply for benefits for other children. This could help other children in the household qualify for this benefit and will not affect the foster child's free meal status.)
- Head Start participants (if offered)
- Children who meet the definition of homeless or runaway.
- Some children receiving Medicaid (Husky A) benefits.
- Some children in households participating in WIC.
- Children who live in a household with an income within the limits of the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.  

Federal Reduced Eligibility Income Chart
(Effective July 1, 2023, to June 30, 2024)

Household size






2,248 519


36,482 3,041 702


45,991 3,833 885


55,500 4,625 1,068


65,009 5,418 1,251


74,518 6,210 1,434


84,027 7,003 1,616


93,536 7,795 1,799

Each additional family member

+ 9,505

+ 793

+ 183

3. How do I know if my children qualify as homeless or runaway? 
If a child lacks a permanent address, is living in a shelter, hotel, or other temporary housing arrangement, relocates on a seasonal basis, or has come to live in your home after having chosen to leave their prior family or household, they qualify as homeless. Please call or email our Homeless Liaison, Don Briere: [email protected] or 860-228-2577.

4. If I don't qualify now, may I apply later?
YES! You may apply at any time during the school year.

5. What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application?
You may ask for a hearing by calling or writing Kaitlyn Shelar at 860-228-2577 or [email protected].

6. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen? 
YES! You, your children or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply for free or reduced-price meals.

7. My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?
To find out how to apply for SNAP benefits and to contact the Department of Social Services office in your town, contact United Way's free referral number 2-1-1.

Connecticut State Department of Education Child Nutrition Program Documentation


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.